4.10.2008


I came to a realization yesterday as the sun was setting. I have no defense. No protection. I am planning on running into a building that could very possibly be a trap. I need to protect myself. I need to protect what I may be. The last free human. I have been thinking for so long about hiding, cowering in the shadows. I can't continue with that frame of mind if I am going to get anything done besides starve to death. Laying awake every night staring at the ceiling. I am setting up some booby traps around the location I have been in for the last few days. I will set up a dummy, so that if I have been spied on by whoever that is in that building, I will have surprise on my side. I have found some flak jackets from soldiers who were either killed or taken prisoner. There is one just outside of the building I am staying in. There is a hole in one side but it is better than nothing. They are really heavy though. I will have to weigh my options.

These things are mortal. They can die. There were just so many of them when they invaded. They were like a swarm of bees. They powered through our defenses they broke through windows. Many of them died, but there were so many that we were never able to make any sort of dent in their offensive. I remember seeing footage of them running through the streets, trampling humans and their own not caring about who got in the way of their horde. The screams I heard then were terrifying, but the silence I hear now chills my blood. Where are they? Where are all of the aliens and all of the humans, where is anyone? I haven't heard a dog bark in three weeks. Tonight I cross the street, into the building where I saw the hand move.

Since I moved up those four blocks I have not been able to see up to the window. I am too close. I have been keeping a close eye on the building but I have not seen anyone or anything leave. Once I am in the building I will need to move slow and quiet. I may be out of communication for a few days. If someone receives this message, or finds it. Please follow the IP address I will either be here, with the computer, or in the building directly across on the 15th floor. Wish me luck.

I need this, I need this to be real. Someone is up there. I saw the signal. It was easier than I expected to go the four blocks to get this far. But I am so tired. So weak. I need this to be real. Where is the military? where are the other survivors? Are they all as scared as me, seeing silence as the only way to survive? I have scoured the land and the internet. I have been looking for recently updated anything. There is nothing. WHY!? Okay, okay. I am leaving, I will talk to you soon.

No comments: